Interview with Lucie Guest
(photos via Studio Aviva)
1. I know you, but some people may not.
So could you please introduce yourself to the world?
"Hi. I’m Lucie."
2. What was your first job in the entertainment industry?
Also, what did you do before that?
"The first job I had was working for an improv dinner theatre company. My role was playing a bear at a cocktail party... I also had to hand out appetizers, which, I would like to add, is very challenging with furry paws. There’s a clip of me playing a bear on my Instagram. Might be my best work yet."
3. Did you study acting before getting into the industry?
"Yes. I think it’s something I always knew I wanted to do. I always loved performing in school musicals and plays. A highlight of my high school days was playing Maria in West Side Story."
4. If you could work with anyone you'd want,
who would that person be and why?
"Jill Soloway. I like the complex and funny women that she creates."
5. What does a normal day in your life look like?
"It’s always different! This industry keeps you on your toes."
6. Where is your favorite place to be and why?
"Bed. I love sleep."
7. If you could, what would be the one piece of advice
you would want to give to your younger self?
"Enjoy the process and celebrate the moments along the way, big or small. Don’t compare your path to anyone else’s."
8. What is your biggest accomplishment so far?
"I am most proud of a movie that I wrote and directed and acted in called Never Better – A Closure Comedy."
9. Is there anything you can disclose about any new project?
"Yes. I’m writing and pitching an indie comedy and directing another rom-com later this year."
10. What is the best part about life on set?
"Friends. Amazing food. Creating a fun environment for people to be at their most creative. Watching talented people do their thing."
11. What can you tell us about Circe?
"Circe is one of the pagans and she is part of the mysterious carnival that rolls into town to stir up some trouble. Circe is an old Goddess. She is a layered and <other-worldly> character with old magic and rituals. I believe she was inspired by the Greek mythology of Circe who was known for turning men into pigs."
12. If you could have any magic power in real life, what would that be?
"The power to manifest anything."
13. What was your favorite scene to shoot as Circe and why?
"It was pretty fun to turn the boys into pigs :) It felt super badass and the pigs were very cute!"
14. If you could be any character from the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina,
except Circe of course, who would that be and why?
"All of them! But if I had to pick one… Salem. I feel like I could bring next level cat moves to the character."
15. How was the audition process for the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina?
"I was a fan of CAOS. I was one of those people who had the show’s premiere on a countdown because the teaser looked so freaking good. I’m also a fan of the team behind the show. I heard they were casting a new character, I auditioned for it, and my agent told me I got the part while I was driving so I did a fun car dance-party for one."
16. In the end, is there anything you'd like to say to the people who support you?
"Merci! I love you!"
Lucie Guest is an actress, director and writer, best known for her work on projects like: Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Joey, A Summer Romance, Realization, You Me Her, Buddy Games, Time for Me to Come Home for Christmas, Let's Not Talk About Syria, Life Sentence, Winter's Dream, Infidelity in Suburbia, iZombie etc.
Follow Lucie on instagram: