Interview with Don McLeod
(Photos via Promotion People)
1. know you, but some people may not,
so could you please introduce yourself to the world?
”Have we met? Hey, everyone. I’m Don McLeod.”
2. What was your first job in the entertainment industry?
Also, what did you do before that?
”First job in entertainment would be as the singer of a rock band. Before that I was a garbage man, lol.”
3. Did you study acting before getting into the industry?
”No, I fell into acting, but definitely did my share of studying once i decided to give it everything I had.”
4. If you could work with anyone you'd want,
who would that person be and why?
There are so many in film I’d love to work with but off top of my head? Guy Ritchie. I think he writes great stories with a fantastic balance of action and humor. And I like his style.”
5. What does a normal day in your life looks like?
”Normal? What’s that? lol. Generally: I get up at 4:30am, pray for guidance for the day, hit the gym. Get home around 7:30am. make a protein shake, check emails, do any auditions that come in, and be ready for what ever God has. Things change quickly and usually without warning in my life. So, I try to live open handed.”
6. Where is your favorite place to be and why?
”I really enjoy going on long prayer walks. they average and hour or two but have been known to last up to 3 days. that said, Maui is amazing!”
7. If you could, what would be the one advice
you would want to give to your younger self?
”Stop!! It’s not about you. You’re much happier when you focus on being with and helping others.”
8. What is one of the best advice that you've got?
Who was the person that gave it to you?
”My dad gave a lot of good advice. Here’s a couple things he said. <it is what it is>, <no you’ve got but yes you can get>.”
9. What is your biggest accomplishment so far?
”Letting go of trying to control the out come of things and learning what a gift forgiveness is.”
10. If you could book any role in the next years to come,
what would that dream role be?
”My business partner Jesse Hutch and I have written and created 26 film projects from features, series to animated. There’s one called Fox and Hunter that I would love to do and another called Stones Throw, that I wrote thinking <what would my dream roll be>. Out side of those? A new die hard or something like that.”
11. You have the role as Charles Vallow in
Doomsday Mom: the Lori Vallow Story airing on Lifetime.
Can you tell us about the film and your role?
”Ya, it’s an intense true story. I play Charles Vallow, the ex-husband of Lori Vallow. He’s a loving husband and father but things get strange when his wife gets involved with a dooms day prep group.”
12. What is the best part about life on set?
”I love being on set. there are so many great things. I really enjoy the people and how we all come together with our different skills to create the same story. It’s really an awesome thing to be part of.”
13. What is your favorite part of your job and why?
”My favourite part is the people, challanges and learning.”
14. How is your job different now, during the pandemic?
Did it change the vibe around set?
”Ya, it was different on set but the cast and crew were so awesome! We still had fun.”
16. In the end, is there anything you'd like to say to the people who support you?
”To all those who support me… thank you so much. I am blessed to get to do what I do but I feel more blessed because of you and your support.”
Don McLeod is an actor, best known for his work on projects like: When Calls the Heart, Project Blue Book, Travelers, No One Would Tell, Stake Out etc.