(photos by Sean F. White)
1. I know who you are, but some people may not.
So could you please introduce yourself to the world?
"I’m Claudia Bunce and I am a jade miner, mom and wife."
2. What does a normal day in your life look like?
"Wow, nothing about my life is normal. Every single day is different, with different challenges, but I wouldn’t change a thing."
3. If you could work with anyone in the world,
who would that person be and why?
"I would love to do something with Josh Gates, he’s a treasure hunter with lots of enthusiasm. I love that."
4. Where is your favorite place to be and why?
"I love living in Jade City, working in two mile and I love traveling in Europe."
5. If you could, what would be the one piece of advice
you would want to give to your younger self?
"Keep your promises, learn Mandarin and figure out how to pay bills on time."
6. What is one of the best pieces of advice that you've got?
Who was the person that gave it to you?
"My jade buyer, Ming Chee, told me years ago to make a 5 year plan and stick with it."
7. What is your biggest accomplishment so far?
"Keeping my sanity!"
8. Is there anything you can disclose about the new season of Jade Fever?
"It’s a great season with a situation we have never had to face before.
You’ll have to tune in!"
9. Any cool facts you can mention about jade
and how is it different from other precious, ornamental stones?
"Jade has thousands of years of history, our first weapons were made of jade and it was used to talk to the gods; it was used and loved by Buddha. It also the toughest stone in the world."
10. Personally, I can say I might have a little obsession with precious, ornamental stones,
so I have to ask, do you own any other stones except from jade?
"Ya! I love the look of gemstones, I have a great collection. I love the shiny ones."
11. What is the best part about filming?
"The personal connections we have made with some of the crew. They are my family, after 6 years of spending 5 months of the year together."
12. In the end, is there anything you'd like to say to the people who support you?
"We are in this together through thick and thin, and I love you."
Claudia Bunce was born in Pforzheim, Germany. She moved with her family to British Columbia when she was very young. Claudia’s father Steve, a jade miner himself, moved their family to Jade City. Claudia fell in love with jade at a really young age. As an adult, Claudia returned to Jade City, eventually taking ownership of the Cassiar Mountain Jade store and helping set up Dease Lake Jade Mining.
The new season of Jade Fever premiered March 23rd with back-to-back episodes. Catch the show on Discovery Canada.
Follow @jadefevertv on instagram :)